[Cumbria] An Idea

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 23:53:01 2003

Paul Broomfield wrote:
> Just thought that I should mention this. If people want lectures and
> demonstrations then why do we have to meet up for this in person.

A good suggestion, although the same arguments could be applied to the
'we just want to have a chat' comments people have made.

My company has currently reined in 'frivolous' travelling, and as such
are making far more use of technical replacements such as
teleconferencing, IM and netmeeting. Personally, I have no problem with
using these, but a few of the more 'traditional' people (i.e. managers)
are not so keen - they liked their expenses claims :)

I would certainly be willing to give this a try - how about setting one up?
--
Schwuk