[Cumbria] Another interesting article...

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 19 20:34:06 2003

Chris Plant wrote:
> Still doesn't fix the underlying MS bias in the School Curriculum, set
> at national level.

No, but it introduced me to Potato Guy (ktuberling) - an app I'd never
come across before, and one my three year-old daughter has been playing
since. Her mouse skills have jumped in the space of just over an hour,
and she has learnt about menus (so she could change between Potato Guy
and Tux) - something the Windows candy-coated Authorware never did - so
in it's a hit in my book.

It's also made me think about approaching my daughter's school (who,
admittedly, aren't tied to the national curriculum) to see if they would
be interested in setting up something similar on their aging hardware
(probably using a terminal server style environment though)...
--
Schwuk