[Cumbria] Developers Tools

Mat Brunt cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 18:31:01 2003

Everytime I try to install a file from the ./configure and make commands
it complains of having no developers tools to do it with.

So I try to be sneaky, go to the packages GUI and choose to install the
developers tools (this is under RH8 btw).
Then it complains I'm missing the packages 'cyrus-sasl' and 'krb5-libs'.

Looking at the installation documentation for cyrus-sasl I have to untar
the file I've just downloaded and run ./configure on it.
But don't I need the developers tools in the first place to do that?
I don't know if I'm just being daft but I think I've got myself in a
catch 22 situation here!

Can anyone throw any suggestions my way - clean and to do with the
problem at hand please :p
(Install SuSe or Mandrake is not one I was thinking of either!!!)

 From the newbie with no nounce left....