[Cumbria] Red Hat shoots itself in foot?

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 10:11:02 2003

Paul,

According to the SuSE v8.0 Reference Manual,

Quote:

 "Let's start with the the minimum SuSE Linux install : 180 MB. This
works only if you use the machine for a simple purpose, for example, you
only work on a text console (no X Window System). If you want to take a
look at X and start a few applications, you will need 500 MB. Both
include swap."

I'm about to try this on an old K5 PC with 64 MB of RAM.

BTW, SuSE gives colour for 'ls', etc by default.

With a bit of ANSI code in my '.profile' files, I've also got colour on
my prompts, depending on user. ie root in red, normal user in blue (or
whatever you want).

Before I get flamed for mentioning my favourite distro, this is not a
sales pitch, only an offer of (possibly) helpful info'.

Ken