[Cumbria] Red Hat shoots itself in foot?

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 31 11:24:02 2003

Ken Hough said:
> I had intended to do a minimum Linux install on an old K5 box and
> report  back. Unfortunately, the MOBO has
> developed an intermittent fault (looks like a dry joint or cracked
> track) so no can do at present.

Those sorts of faults can be annoying - I've got a perfectly good pentium
machine that would quite happily sit and hum away in a corner, but refuses
to boot becuase 1) a connection is broken on the keyboard connector and 2)
the BIOS doesn't allow you to boot without a keyboard. I must get round to
having another go at getting it running one of these days...
--
Schwuk