[cumbria_lug] Quick survey...

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 12:34:00 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Schwuk wrote:

> What distros are we all running? (separate personal and work
> machines)

Main work box: Red Hat 7.3
Main laptop: Red Hat 7.3

Old P75 laptop (to be a server when ADSL comes at the start of Aug):
Debian 2.2

Ancient 486 laptop (what can I do with this?):
NetBSD 1.4

So it's RH73 on the important systems here -- must say, it's the best
release I've used (not tried 9 yet). Ultra rock-solid and fast, and
despite the fact that I've treated it like shit (hacking things up,
installing zillions of things for mag reviews and forgetting to remove
them), it doesn't flinch.

Waiting for RH 9.1 now, although I'd go to Sarge if it wasn't going to
take another year or so until release...

Mike

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk