[cumbria_lug] Inverse Yawn

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 25 23:45:01 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Oran Carmona wrote:

> So I take it that getting the latest Redhat or Mandrake ISO (or
> running GenToo) isn't something that you do.

Absolutely. The software I'm using works fine, is fast and solid, and
is supported. No reason to pile on the latest bleeding-edge stuff!

If I need a distro to review for the magazine then it comes through
the post, and I only ever upgrade my main boxes' OSes every few years
(still running RH 7.3 here). Should I need some multi-disc thing then
the Linux Emporium will get it sorted.

> I'm having trouble seeing things from the perspective of someone who
> has access to BB but doesn't see enough value in it to warrant the cost.

You have trouble understanding that some people really don't care much
about bandwidth size etc.?

Mike

--
Michael Saunders