[cumbria_lug] Inverse Yawn

Roger Cope cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 26 17:15:00 2003

Schwuk said (@64K)

For me broadband is about one thing - always on. The bandwidth would be nice
(mainly for dl'ing iso's & software), but is not ultra-important.
But to be always connected at home - especially with my wireless kit - would
be worth it...

--

I agree - this is the killer. An always on connection unplugs you from ISP
hell (or having to buy up Internet real estate from a dedicated server

Being able to download stuff quick is always nice but on occasion I was
happy to download ISOs over dialup.

Probably the only downloads that I really would miss if I gave up ADSL would
be the streamed film trailers that can be a real pain to attempt to download
as a file. Having them start playing near full screen three seconds after
clicking a link and then going on to the end without a break or glitch is a
thrill, I have to admit. In fact, it's the reason I upped my bandwidth to
2Meg on demand.

Roger