[Cumbria] RH in Give us your data and money shocker!

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 3 19:24:02 2003

Ian Linwood wrote:
> Still fond of RH?

I was going to post this to the list this afternoon, be refrained after
reading the article - I always take the Reg's op-eds with a (large)
pinch of salt, but this was one step too far for me... They are whining
because RedHat won't allow you to support multiple computers (easily)
for free - big deal. And shock, horror - if you do want to have a 'free'
account, you have to prove your email works, and fill in a survey every
sixty days. I've already confirmed my two accounts (personal and work),
and completed the survey for my personal account. It amounts to what
sort of role do you perform in your job, how many computers you have
(and how many you run off that one demo RHN account - wonder how many
people have dropped themselves in it with that?), and how many people
work at your company. Nothing serious by any means...
--
Schwuk