[Cumbria] Greetings to one and all

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 10 12:24:06 2003

Pete Bee said:

> Hey all

Lo Pete,

> Just moved into the wonderful place that is cumbria and thought I would

> drop an email to the list. Just finding out whos around, how linux is

> doing this far north and if anyone is working on any great projects.

Welcome to Cumbria!

I'm Dave Murphy, the admin of this list. You've caught us at a quiet time,
so 'fresh blood' is very welcome. We're still a fairly small group, with 16
members to the mailing list (inc. yourself), although the active (and vocal)
members number less... Fairly wide range of skills amongst the members
though, but we don't currently have many 'newbies'... Although we are
nominally a Linux User Group, *BSD, Solaris and OSS in general are in use by
most members.

> When y'all meeting up next? Would love to get round and meet you all.

Regular meetings is something we're trying to get organised, but with main
concentration of members being in the south and west of Cumbria, with others
spread around the county (an even one person in the wrong country, let alone
county...), it's not too easy. Whereabouts are you?

> Pete Bass

> Linux Firewalls Security Analyst

Your .sig will generate interest... Are you one of the rare breed that
actually makes a living out of Linux?

> To err is human

> To vi is godlike

I'm with you on that :)