[Cumbria] Database

Adam Pigg cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 13 20:04:01 2003

Just download pgaccess last night, not got it to connect either, but to
start with i didnt have the server installed :o).

Ive been using postgres for a couple of years now and i like it.  I started
off with zeos database object for borland c++ builder/delphi, and more
recently used the libpq c library and the libpqxx c++ library on
linux.  The old style pgaccess always worked for me, so the new one
should.  I had to download it seperately (www.pgaccess.org) as it seems to
have been removed from mandrake 9.1 (running rc1) but was included in 9.0
(the old style)?!?!?!?.

If you want a really nice admin tool i recommend pgAdminII.  its windows
only, but it is very slick.

C YA

Adam