[Cumbria] Meeting proposal... Thurs 27th March @ Whitehaven

Steve Turner cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 19 21:33:00 2003

At 20:28 19/03/2003 +0000, Schwuk  wrote:

> >> Who: Please respond to signal interest/disinterest...

 >> Where: Whitehaven. Please respond with suggestions for location...

Although it probably resembled Baghdad at one point it it's (very) dark
past..  beware of the one-way system which comprises of the whole of the
town centre (see very long link at bottom...!) which goes clockwise all the
way round.

Best parking is either Tesco's (just off the top of the map) or on the car
park on Senhouse Street, which is conveniently behind Bar21 on Duke street
(which was I think Pete's suggestion).

Alternatively, there's the new Bransty Arch, which is on the corner of
Tangier Street, Bransty Row and George Street. No idea what it's like as I
haven't been in yet, but it' only been open about two weeks...

http://www.multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=297500&Y=518250&gride=&gridn=&scale=5000&coordsys=gb&mapsize=big

Steve
(Lurking less than usual...!)