[Cumbria] Tonight's meeting...

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 28 09:02:00 2003

Luke Antins wrote:
> So what you all get upto?
> And when is the next one? :)

Sat around for a few hours, had a couple of drinks (tho' everyone was
driving) and chatted about Linux and computers in general...

Not sure about the next one, probably in a few weeks, but we will be
doing it again.

The location was good - suggested by Pete Bee - I thinks it's called
either 21, 21 Duke Street or Duke Street 21 (going off the sign above
the front door. Nice and quiet with comfy chairs... Only downside was no
connectivity for those of us with laptops/handhelds. Something we'll
need to look into for future venues...

As well as the physical meetings (which I know everyone can't attend due
to distance) I thought about trying a virtual one using IRC or Jabber
conferencing. I know we can drop onto the IRC channel at any time, but
it's very rarely populated. If we organise a time and date, at least we
can guarantee a few people being on there. I'll post details as soon as
I've worked them out (unless someone else wants to set it up?).

Cheers,
--
Schwuk