[cumbria_lug] Mandrake 9.2

Mat Brunt mat at schwuk.com
Tue Nov 4 20:53:13 GMT 2003

Has anyone tried out Mandrake 9.2 yet?

I tried it last night, not too sure what to think.
For a newbie it looked quite nice, pretty graphics and all that, the
menu's are intuitive and easy to use (I especially liked the one that
allowed you to turn what services it loaded at boot on and off) but it ran
quite slowly on my system and half the menu options didn't work.

You'd click on something and it would just sit there saying Loading for up
to 5 minutes (at which point I got bored and killed it).

So Mandrake lasted all of 1 evening on my laptop before being rebuilt back
to Red Hat (sorry Schwuk).

Has anyone tried accessing their hotmail accounts through Gaim tonight as
well?
I'm sure my setup is right but it keeps telling me 'Protocol not supported'.
And even though I can resolve the server name it gives me its not
responding to ping.

Mat