[cumbria_lug] RE: Gnome-KDE

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 07:46:39 GMT 2003

Adam,

So Kde is better than Gnome is it ?

As previously mentioned I've just built myself a new box, and I didn't
re-install, in fact I'm happy not to re-install. Now my sound works
well under Gnome but load up KDE and all I get is annoying clicking
noises from the speakers.... KDE as I recall tries to play a merry
little jingle on start-up, so I wonder if it is that messing
up the sound?

I don't care what Linus says, No more KDE for me!

I did notice Derwent books in Workington now has SUSE 9.0 Personnal on
the shelf  (with 8.2 Professional and Personal) with not one 'Windoze'
box in sight, I like that book shop.

Trevor, adding fuel to the fire.