[cumbria_lug] Mondo

Roger Cope roger.cope at morphaniel.com
Wed Nov 26 19:10:12 GMT 2003

Hi,

Whilst not being very keen on backups, I do occasionally feel guilty enough
to do one. Currently I use an ancient DAT tape drive with Kdat. This is sort
of OK but doesn't span tapes, won't store directories on tapes and is not
good when doing partial restores.

Many other Linux backup suites are aimed at corporate users and do things
like client backups and scheduled backups that I am not interested in.

So I've now come across Mondo, a GPL'd solution that will backup across
multiple CD-Rs. Looks OK but I was wondering if anyone had come across it
before and could share their experience?

http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/

Roj