[cumbria_lug] IRC (and other alternative forms of communication)...

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Wed Oct 8 00:09:44 BST 2003

We used to have an (incredibly underused) IRC channel for the LUG. This
has now gone the way of the dodo.

What do you all think about setting up another channel for our use. As
well as using it for general chatter, it could also be used for regular
'virtual' meetings - physical meetings are much better, but impractical
due to our various locations throughout Cumbria.

For those unfamiliar with IRC, here is an intro:
http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/new2irc.html

Whilst we're on the subject, what other forms of 'net communcation could
we make use of? The obvious one that springs to mind is a bulletin
board, although I (personally) don't believe we have enough traffic
(yet) to justify one, and I prefer the interaction of the mailing list
as well.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk