[cumbria_lug] Hi All!

Roger Cope roger.cope at morphaniel.com
Tue Apr 6 23:46:06 BST 2004

Hmmm...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Linwood [mailto:ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com]

OT: Why, when responding to your mailings in this group is the "reply to"
wrong. The reply address is to you directly, not the list. Anyone else have
the same problem?  I suspect it is the order of reply to addresses, your
personal address is first. My client ignores multiple addresses (for
security reasons).

--

I am not an expert on the relevent RFCs but my Outlook email settings
include a 'Reply to' email address field that is set to my personal address.

This is preferred behaviour - I have other accounts where I want replies to
go to my private email address and not to the address I am sending from.

Since I have not always seen this 'reply to' address fields in other email
clients I suspect that Microsoft is sticking to the letter of the RFC and
other email clients are being caught out. But maybe I'm wrong... <grin>

Roger