[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 23rd April

Jen Phillips jen at phillipsuk.org
Sun Apr 18 12:51:37 BST 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 11:50 pm, Luke Antins wrote:
> I will hopefully be attending, traveling up by train.
> Any advice on how to get to Jen & Russ's from the train station?

There are probably a few possibilities:

1. Walking. You head out of the train station, up toward the main road and
left between the big round towers of the Citadel. Along past Woolworths, and
turn left at the corner. It's best to get onto the other side of the road
around here. Follow the road round to the right at the big junction, crossing
over the little road down to the viaduct parking. Past the new Lidl and on
towards Dixon's Chimney. Cross the road and head along the street that almost
oposite (Can't remember the name - might be Kendal Street). Keep heading
along little streets in the same direction until you hit the next big road,
which is Wigton Road. Then you need to get across, go up the hill and turn
right onto Canal Street. Go past the school, keep going down to the main
road, turn left, and we're the last house before the next road on the left.

2. Bus. Go up to the main road, and turn left through the Citadel. Pretty much
any bus numbered 61 or 62 should do, certainly anything with an H will. There
should be timetables on the stops. You need to go to "Trinity roundabout" or
the biscuit factory. It'll cost about 60p. Watch out for the Carrs biscuit
factory on the right, and get off at the roundabout (the stop is acutally on
the roundabout). You ned to get across Wigton Road at the crossing, go round
the corner of the park and onto Caldcotes. Straight up there, past the
billboards, and we're the last house before the next road.

3. Taxi. Be ware that once you get near, the driver will probably get lost.
Watch out for the the Carrs Biscuit Factory on the right. You should bear
right at the roundabout. Then make sure you tell the driver to drop you off
on the main road, just past the billboards.

4. Give us a ring from the station, and we might be able to arrange for
someone to give you a lift.

I don't know what trains back west are like after dark, but if they're really
crap, we can arange crash space. Same goes if anyone in a car fancies a
drink, though if there's more than a couple of you, someone may have to share
a room with the computers. How will you cope?!

Hugs,

Jen