[cumbria_lug] Help with file sharing between redhat linux & mac OS X

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Sun Apr 18 17:29:05 BST 2004

guy.murray at boltblue.com wrote:
> The red hat logon tells my NFS server is alive and kicking, but I can't seem to
> get the redhat-config-nfs command to respond, either from the command line or
> the menu.

I'm running Fedora Core 1, and redhat-config-nfs works fine for me on my
dekstop (even though the service is stopped). I'm happily sharing from
my server to my desktop (both FC1) over NFS.

Have you got redhat-config-nfs installed? I had to install it to test it
for you - never used it before...

Is the NFS server actually started?

> Is NFS the appropriate way to fileshare between linux and OS X?

I'm not an OS X person (yet!), but as they're both forms of UNIX, I'd
say yes. I know some other people on the list use OS X so they might be
able to help more.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk