[cumbria_lug] LUG radio & GPL in court

Jen Phillips jen at phillipsuk.org
Wed Apr 21 17:47:14 BST 2004

>  > Since we are both working on similar projects would you be interested
>  > in a joint project ?
>  > Would people be interested in a LUG project ?
>
> I would be interested in a joint/LUG project. I'll do a brief write-up
> on what I'm planning later tonight... Some of the 'goals' you mentioned
> could be handled by my system as well...

That does sound interesting. My Dad wants to manage a site for his hill
walking club, but he doesn't want to have to learn HTML, or have to really
work hard just to put up each week's pub rating. A good content-management
system would suit him down to the ground, and so far we've only found ones
that either weren't very good or were far too complexe. It might add another
dimension to it if we aimed to make it user-friendly, as well as technically
capable. I'm not at all skilled at actually coding anything, but I'd be more
than happy to help with front-end design, etc.

> If the LUG were to lease a dedicated server, would
> people be interested in chipping in? It could certainly host your SASRA
> site, and I might be able to sell some hosting as well - esp. to the
> other people who are using my current server. All of these would make it
> cheaper for us LUG'ers.

I don't see any problem with that idea. About how much would we be talking?

Hugs,

Jen