[cumbria_lug] UserGroup...

Martin Alderson mail at martinalderson.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 00:15:51 BST 2004

On 21 Apr 2004, at 20:22, Schwuk wrote:

> So, there it is. What do you think?
>
> Hopefully you can see from that why I think merging separate tools, or
> building on top of an existing one might be impractical.

Sounds good.

However, modularity is very, very tricky. Expect to be using no end of
hacks to get them to work togther well - make sure you have a good API
so people do not have to rewrite the wheel all of the time and cause
code bloatage. Hell, make a custom scripting language for it if you
need to.

It seems like a great idea, but the modularity concerns me. Apart from
that, it does sound rather good but make sure you have a damn good
admin interface for it. A lot of these sorts of systems don't and make
it very hard for the user to do what he wants. Also, sane defaults
please!

Sounds very good overall though. Best of luck.

Martin Alderson,
IntechHosting

Email: martin at intechhosting.co.uk
Web: http://www.intechhosting.co.uk