[cumbria_lug] Windows Network Noise on the Net.

Ian Linwood ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com
Tue Dec 21 23:11:38 GMT 2004

Hello Schwuk,

Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 10:23:53 AM, you wrote:

S> Do you know something - I've never considered that before...
S> /me goes off to review my iptables setup!

A common mistook.

Doing a simple NAT on outbound may be convenient, but is not good for
rest of net. Not only that, it may give out more info than you ever
considered.

Consider a simple little trojan or you installed something like Kazza,
or some other proggy you didn't realise was spyware/backdoor,
- your LAN is their oyster!

--
Best regards,
 Ian