[cumbria_lug] Article idea

Steve Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 00:57:31 GMT 2004

Schwuk wrote:
> Time to revisit my article idea[1] for the Cumbria LUG website based on
> Steve & Ian's recent thread[2].
>
> We have a website, so we might as well use it!
>
> Comments?
>
> [1] http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/cumbria/2003-August/000981.html
> [2]
> http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/cumbria/2004-December/001693.html
>
> Cheers,

I don't think I had my head around the whole IP tables thing at the time
as I was using a Mark1 Netpilot as my go-between and running an
ISDN/router combo on the net-side.  As I retired my Mark1 because it
couldn't handle the throughput when I switched to ADSL, I quickly got a
basic grasp of iptables and routing, and moved on to the 4 port
firewall/router machine I have now.

Having read Schwuk's config (and understood it this time), I might
adjust mine to do a few things, and I don't mind putting my config up at
some point to help illustrate a particular style as well.

Steve