[cumbria_lug] Windows Network Noise on the Net.

Steve Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 12:34:54 GMT 2004

Ian Linwood wrote:

> What do you think!  :-(

I think I've got a black hole somewhere.  I'll have to reach for the
network analyser and *big* bumper network book, and do some reading.

I do know that I'm not passing any noise out, as the only time I've got
a log entry for these ports is when I delberately browsed to a machine
on the outside world.  The rest of the time nothing.  Which does tend to
suggest that the netbios stuff is not being routed off my local subnets
by either my firewall or router.