[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 13th February

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 07:36:26 GMT 2004

> I'll be bringing along the latest copy of the Linux User & Developer
> magazine - the cd's this month include a 'live cd' demo of the Sun Java
> Desktop, so we can have a play with that as well.

I have also had the pleasure of Sun's Java Desktop and was mightily unimpressed by the fact that when 'x' started my monitor stoped.  I plan to make backups and then bring along my box and install, my choice of Distro is near infinite.

I have no wish to destroy my mobile.

Russ may be interested in the fact that my box will boot from usb devices or so it says, so If I bring it we can test Russ's USB Linux boot pen ! (If he brings it) too.

We can also stop Mark re-naming the group to the 'Cumbria Linus User Group' with luck.

This probably means I plan on coming to this meeting too.

Best regards

Trevor, trevor at haven.demon.co.uk