[cumbria_lug] New distro advice

Russ Phillips russ at jenruss.plus.com
Mon Feb 9 22:08:31 GMT 2004

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of re-installing, but I don't know which distro to go with. I'm
currently happily using SUSE 8.1, but I've got to re-install the Windows
partition, and I thought I might as well upgrade the Linux partition while
I'm at it. I like KDE 3.0, and I've heard good things about KDE 3.1, so I'm
planning to stick with that, but can anyone recommend a distro? Ideally, I'd
like to be able to download iso's, or pick up a CD at the next meet.

I'm sure you'll all have your favourites, but I'd like reasons why I should go
with whatever you recommend, so that I can make an informed choice :-)

I'm using Debian on a couple of servers, and I like it, but that's all CLI,
and I like a GUI for my desktop. Has anyone any experience with using KDE on
Debian?

Russ

--
Leeloo: Everything you create, you use to destroy
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature