[cumbria_lug] New distro advice

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 13:08:03 GMT 2004

> Schwuk wrote:

> > Ooooh... How to start a flame war 101 :)

Is this a suggestion for a topic at the meeting ?

> Yeah, next week's question will be "which programming language should I
> use?" :-) I did hope that the fact that people know each other, and even
> occasionally meet face-to-face would prevent a flame war.

Regretably experiance would suggest otherwise.

I am in the same position as Russ,
I will be re-installing too although I will not
have windows on my machine.  I will have one of
Gentoo,Debian,Fedora,Mandrake,SUSE,Slackware...
The list is endless I will not use Sun Java Desktop
or Caldera e2.4 Desktop
I don't think SUN's offering is available as a free download
I will endever to bring a collection of useful add-ons,
extras and some 'downloaded stuff' inc games, and my backups ...

If we're quick we could install several distro's and compare.

Trevor 'bad_boy' Pearson trevor at haven.demon.co.uk