[cumbria_lug] Re: new distro advice

Jen Phillips jen at phillipsuk.org
Tue Feb 10 21:42:19 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 20:28, grouper at beehive.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Another big plus with suse is that they package everything under the sun...
> well almost. If you pony up the pounds for the pro version, there will be
> very little that you won't find on the DVD's.

We're currently using SuSE 8.2(?), which Russ bought the pro version of. We're
both pretty impressed with it, which suggests that the upgrade would be
pretty good, too.

As for what you won't find on the DVD's, that'd be everything. Neither of us
has DVD capability, so it'd be the stacks of CDs, whatever he decides to try.

Cheers for the various suggestions, definitely some food for thought.

See (some of) you on Friday.

Hugs,

Jen