[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 23rd January

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 08:40:16 GMT 2004

Meeting When:
    Friday 23rd January 2004
I'll crawl out of the woodwork.....

Topic(s) for the evening:
  - To be announced - suggestions for topics welcome...

  Topics I am curently interested in .....
    Web Sites
    Linux software to be, Whats needed,
    whats 'under construction' but not yet ready
    Educational software/CBT methods
    A nasty old thing called Alice Pascal

Connectivity:
 With a bit of luck

Trevor noticed that we can now go out
and buy our SCO licences,

I've been waiting to see when I could get one,
it's only £200 for single processors
at the moment on special offer, and then I'll
be able to run Linux without worrying
that I'm illeagly using code that SCO
nicked from BSD, (Or Linux) and now 'owns'.
I wonder why I can still buy Caldera Open
Linux E2.4 and download the latest Kernal
from SCO without buying a licence ?

If SCO succeed in charging people for using
something that someone else wrote, Microsoft
will be green with envy that they didn't think
of the scam first, I can see the
'Microsoft EULA for Linux' is just around the corner !

They are a mindless bunch of jerks who will be the first going to the wall,
and the revolution's well under way !

Trevor  trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Talk to me, I'm not insane!