[cumbria_lug] Win TV card setup under Linux

Russ Phillips russ at jenruss.plus.com
Mon Jan 26 23:18:25 GMT 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 22:25, d.hickson100 wrote:
> Patience is a virtue!
>
> Have finally got TV card to show the TV.
>
> Thanks Russ for the info.
>
> Using PAL and European frequency Table.
>
> The frequencies For UK TV are right at the end of the scan range used by
> TVtime UHF 40
>
> Have not been able to get sound to work?

(sound of penny dropping)
Ah, you meant *those* frequencies :-)

UK transmissions are from 21 to 69 (I used to know the actual frequencies:
something like 570MHz to 720MHz)

If you're using the european frequency table, can you find out what frequency
the sound sub-carrier is at? It should be 6MHz for the UK, but I think some
other countries use PAL with a 5.5MHz or 6.5MHz sub-carrier.

Can you set the audio sub-carrier frequency and/or modulation? It should be
6MHz FM (as opposed to AM)

Of course, I may just be leading you up entirely the wrong garden path :-)

Russ

--
As long as you can build a shed, you've got it made
(David Lynch)