[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 30th July

Jen Phillips jen at phillipsuk.org
Mon Jul 19 22:28:35 BST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 9:34 pm, Schwuk wrote:

> Topic(s) for the evening:
> 	Suggestions please....
> 	General discussion around whatever takes our fancy on the evening.

Can I suggest Linux Day 2004, Infopoint and the Scouts computer badge [1]
thing?

Linux Day 2004 - Are we doing our own thing (could be a lot of work) or are we
going to support the Newcastle venture (probably as much or as little work as
we want, with the added bonus of a trip to meet another LUG)?

Infopoint - apparently Jono is working on setting it up, so we need to
actually sort out what we're doing for it. We've talked some good ideas, do
we need to do anything more practical, like putting together leaflets?

Scouts - We have a couple of suggested dates. The Scouts meet during term time
at 7.30 to 9pm on Thursday nights at the Trinity School Scout Hut in
Carlisle. We can use as much of the evening as we want, and we can arrange to
get in the hall in advance for setting up. The Scouts will also do whatever
photocopying & stuff we need. The suggestion is that we go on Thursday 16th
September to do whatever talks/demos/workshops we want, and take along as
many Linux PCs as we can for the evening. Then we can leave them with one PC,
and some work to do for the following week. Russ and I will be going back on
23rd to test them for badges, answer follow-up questions, and run a Live Role
Play fighting [2] workshop. You'd all be welcome that night, too, and you'd
have the choice of doing computer stuff or LRP stuff or both.

We've got one box put together hardware-wise, and we're working on a second.
Any help with bits of hardware would be appreciated, and maybe at the next
meet we can look at actually installing something on them.

Hugs,

Jen

[1] http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/hqdocs/badges/staged-it.htm
[2] http://www.merlinroute.co.uk/realworld/system/combat/combatp1.htm