[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 11th June

schwuk cumbria at cumbria.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 3 13:02:22 BST 2004

When:
     Friday 11th June 2004

Time:
     19:00

Where:
     Jen & Russ's house
     19 Port Road
     Carlisle
     CA2 7AJ

Map:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=54.8942&lon=-2.9519&scale=10000

Topic(s) for the evening:
    * Discussion around running an Infopoint [1]
    * Discussion of Software patents [2] and the upcoming European
Elections [3] -
Russ has been doing some homework [4] on this. (Obviously this will be too
late to influence our actual voting, but we can still have a good rant
about it...)
    * Brief (verbal) review of Lycoris Desktop/LX [5] and Xandros Desktop
OS 2 [6]
(these are on the latest LU&D [7] magazine which will be at the meeting as
well)
    * General Discussion

Connectivity:
   - ? (although I believe Russ has bought a wireless router, so we can
abuse^H^H^H^H^Huse their ADSL)

RSVP:
    If you think you are going to attend, please respond to this thread
(so Jen & Russ can figure out how many mugs they need...)

Website has been updated accordingly.

[1] http://www.jonobacon.org/infopoint/
[2] http://swpat.ffii.org/
[3] http://www.europecounts.org.uk/