[cumbria_lug] Mailing list usage...

Russ Phillips avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 22 10:12:47 BST 2004

Schwuk wrote:

> This resource is now members-only after complaints from other LUGs.
> Several LUGs have unsubscribed the 'bot' as well.

<QUOTE FROM REGISTRATION TERMS>
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any
messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful,
threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
</QUOTE>

The forum requires that members do not make obscene or vulgar posts.
What if we make obscene or vulgar posts to our mailing list? I assume
they'll just remove it from the forum, but it is something to consider.

> How do you feel about this? Are we happy to let them archive our list
> elsewhere? Please bear in mind that our archives are public anyway - you

I'm happy for our list to be archived elsewhere, although I'm not
entirely happy about how they've gone about it. I'd have been happier if
they'd e-mailed each mailing list with a "would you mind subscribing our
bot?" message.

Russ