[cumbria_lug] RE: xBox Nite - 12th March 2004

trevor at haven.demon.co.uk trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 12:06:34 GMT 2004

Alas I am not available, also I don't do much 'gaming' so ...

However:-
Suggested future LUG activities,
 Watching the Revolutions OS film
 Singing the Free software song and others

"Linux coders aren't all sweetness and light, but we never stood around and
mocked each others' work for three days straight at a public event"

Frank Pfeil, Sys Admin from New York
(posibily suggesting a topic for his next LUG meet)

 Windows 95 which, when it was first released,
had no security features in it at all.

BBC News

>From perusing the official Windows XP magazine I note that
MS Recomends for security, speed and stability turning all the
features off.

Obviously working on the theory that if XP does nothing, It will
be stable, fast and safe.  I guess that the same is true for all
OS's; functionality is such a burden.

The code was willing,
It considered your request,
But the chips were weak.