[cumbria_lug] Sagem F@st 800 Modem & RH8.0

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Sat Mar 20 11:41:06 GMT 2004

Alex Fleming wrote:
> firewall settings

Some might recommend that you try the likes of smoothwall, or some of
the firewall scripts that you can download. I suggest you at least learn
how to read iptables so that you can see what the scripts are doing, and
from there it's only a small step to building.maintaining your own firewall.

Yonks ago, I posted about firewall rules (check the archives). I've got
a set of fairly good rules that have been supplemented with suggestions
from Ian. I'll try and get them into a more palatable form that you
could follow if you want.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk