[cumbria_lug] Traps of Open Source

Russ Phillips russ at jenruss.plus.com
Tue May 11 23:00:22 BST 2004

Hi guys,

I just found a link to a book called "The Traps of Linux ...and open
source software", which is available on-line at:
http://www.e-balkani.com/book/

I haven't read it all yet, but as far as I can see, the author reckons
that companies like IBM are trying to use open source to destroy
closed-source companies like Microsoft, so that they can then charge the
earth for their software/services.

The author seems to be labouring under a lot of delusions, but it's an
interesting read, in a "how the other side thinks" kind of way.
Apparently the book has been published in Bulgaria. I'd be interested to
know how many copies it sold.

Russ