[cumbria_lug] Web site down?

Dave Murphy dave at schwuk.com
Thu Apr 21 10:09:36 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 22:30 +0100, Russell Phillips wrote:
> Is the web site down? I've just looked at it, and was greeted with an
> entirely blank page. No error messages, just a blank page.

It transpires that during the upgrade of the lug.org.uk server, they
'broke' mysql support in PHP. Since our CMS (Textpattern) used MySQL as
a backend, thing's ain't working as they should be.

I've asked the question as to when it will be fixed, or alternatively
getting the site redirected to my Linode. In the meantime I'll sort out
a replacement (static) page.

This may be (another) opportunity to think about what we want from the
LUG website. Suggestions on a postcard please.

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy - http://www.schwuk.com