[cumbria_lug] Web site down?

Russell Peter Phillips russ at jenruss.plus.com
Thu Apr 21 13:12:33 BST 2005

On Thu Apr 21  9:59 , Dave Murphy <dave at schwuk.com> sent:

>This may be (another) opportunity to think about what we want from the
>LUG website. Suggestions on a postcard please.

Personally, I liked the web site the way it was. I liked being able to add
articles that I wrote about Linux and/or open source. I don't write things often,
but it was nice having somewhere to put them when I did. The reason I noticed the
web site was down was that I'd gone to put up an article :-)

Of course, another similar option would be to have a wiki. I don't know if a wiki
would be necessarily better or worse than TextPattern, or just different.

One idea might be to have a calendar to help with organising meetings. If people
could put when they were busy, then meetings could be arranged for times when
people might be able to make it.

Russ