[cumbria_lug] Bespoke software job

Dave Murphy schwuk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 11:44:02 BST 2005

On 27/08/05, Ian Linwood <ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com> wrote:
> No sticking to established tools wich will be available for a long time
> to come. The others you mention are little known outsude the geek world
> and will eventually fade away.

Luddite! :P None of the languages I mentioned are going anywhere
(although general usage of Ruby is certainly less than it popularity
through Ruby on Rails). Certainly Mono is currently more of a niche
language at the moment, but provided one of the mainstream interpreted
languages (e.g. C#) then finding somone to maintain it should not be a
problem. How you can claim Python is not an "established tool" when it
is in widespread use - e.g. both Red Hat and Ubuntu use it for large
chunks of their distribution specific code - is beyond me.

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy (Schwuk)
http://www.schwuk.com