[cumbria_lug] Here they go again...

angie ahl angie at vertebrate.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 13:49:06 GMT 2005

I notice they didn't mention macs. They did mention risc though

"We are increasingly seeing that the biggest challenges in the
marketplace are less for Microsoft and more in the Unix space.
Customers are moving away from Risc to Intel as the price performance
ratio is compelling," he said.

yes it's true, there's loads of Unix variants now, and a lot of us Mac
developers have found it easy to use Linux as the unix side of Mac has
taught us gently how to do it. I develop on Apple stuff and deploy on
Linux, CPAN works on both etc so I'm a happy bunny. OS X is getting
more and more like Linux underneath. I think they really are working
hard on it so that we can use both and use 1 set of tools for both. So
yes there is more competition in Unix, because there's more choice...
and I personally think people who use IIS are plain mad and want their
servers to be broken into ;)

There's only 1 MS, thankfully ;)

Pot calling kettle... helloooo.

Angie.

PS Spring is out there, get up, open the curtains, winter's nearly over.