[cumbria_lug] meetings and stuff

Russell Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Wed Jan 19 21:43:07 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 21:12 +0000, Alex Wray wrote:
> Lol, you're an evil admin ;)

That's not the first time a student has told me that I'm evil. Usually
they do it after I remove their Internet and/or e-mail access :-)

> There was just one suggestion I was planning to throw out to the list
> - I've done quite a bit of xbox & gamecube hacking, and was wondering
> if anybody would be interested in seeing xbox/gamecube linux at some
> point and/or whether anybody had had a look at it themselves.

The only games consoles I ever owned were 1970's generation "stick &
square game" consoles, but I thought the idea of Linux on a console was
interesting, so I'd be interested in seeing it.

> Oh and Russ, take a look at this ;) http://www.ozoneasylum.com/24668

Good grief. And as for the "These stupid "vulnerabilities" are so easy
to fix that it's amazing people do not do this more often." post, what
planet is the guy on? Easy? Easier to install/use a different browser.

Russ