[cumbria_lug] Terminal server on a LiveCD?

Luke Antins luke at antins.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 21:13:31 BST 2005

Hi Russ.

I think its a good idea, however I would suggest you pxe boot the
computers rather then using a live cd... (you could cheat and just boot
the live cd via pxe!!!)

pxe net booting will allow for easier administration if your dealing
with lots of clients, if you want to roll out updates, just update the
version on the pxe booting server and reboot the computers... thats
easier then burning lots of CD' and swapping them out in each computer.

I believe there are some linux terminal server projects around that use
net booting, but I've not looked into any in detail. Perhaps try looking
on freshmeat.net for said projects?

Luke Antins