[cumbria_lug] New to the list

Mark Wickens m.wickens at rhodium-consulting.com
Tue Jul 12 09:40:54 BST 2005

On Monday 11 July 2005 18:53, Steve wrote:
> Hi Mark...
>
> There's nothing wrong with writing software in Windermere...  apart from
> too many tourists!  Nice scenery, good walks, and a some decent beers.
> I still remember the 80's when some of the best games software in the
> world was written in a converted barn somewhere in the wilds of darkest
> Leicestershire.  (SK373172)

Maybe you could enlighten me of pubs with decent beers? I haven't had much of
a chance to do the rounds, so I've only found the hole in the wall and the
masons arms that serve a decent pint.

I remember Leicestershire with fondness. I grew up in the South but the East
Midlands seemed to be a good compromise - good job prospects/communications
but no _too_ much traffic and people had some semblance of a sense of
humour...!!

> Anyway...  welcome aboard.

Thanks. I'm working in Blackpool at the moment but contract is up at the end
of the week, then who knows what... I do Java/J2EE so unfortunately very
removed from games programming :(

> Seems like it's time for another meet anyway...  any takers?

Looks like I might have a little more time on my hands  (impending/existing
babies excluding) so I would be up for that.

Regards,

Mark.
--
Mark Wickens