[cumbria_lug] LUG web site

Russell Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Mon Jun 13 23:30:28 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 22:19 +0100, Luke Antins wrote:
> Not so far Russ, its all working fine.

Cool. I only asked because I know PHPWiki [1] can use plain-text
databases or a database server like MySQL, and plain text isn't
recommended if you have a heavy load. That said, as I understand it,
PHPWiki stores everything in a database (I think the plain text files
are a dbm database), but DokuWiki stores a text file for each page, and
parses it into HTML on the fly.

> The site does not have a very heavy load at the moment as I'm in the
> middle of moving from firestorm-games.net to fsgames.net
>
> We will see what happens during the next month :¬)

I'd be interested to hear how it copes. Not for any practical reason,
but simply out of academic interest.

Russ

[1] http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/