[cumbria_lug] Mail Server

Roger Cope roger.cope at morphaniel.com
Wed Mar 30 23:01:40 BST 2005

Steve quoth:

Opening question....

I'm wanting to setup a mail-server for several people, with both
IMAP/POP3 and WebMail access.

It would be a dedicated machine.

In peoples experience, whats a good combination of components to use, and is
there any good config guides out there...  (links please).

Thanks
Steve

I'm practically a religious believer in Qmail and I think by far the best
Qmail cookbook is qmailrocks.org (http://www.qmailrocks.org/) which includes
pop/imap and webmail. Apart from being much easier to follow than Life With
Qmail and clones, the site also includes a downloadable package including
all of the tested releases of the included modules.

I've followed the Red Hat/Fedora guides several times and the only tricky
bit is the Clam/SpamAssassin/Qmail-Scanner section.

Roger