[cumbria_lug] Proposed meet - 1st April - Whitehaven

Jen Phillips jen at jenruss.plus.com
Thu Mar 31 19:33:38 BST 2005

Well, if nobody else is going to make a decision, I will. Let's do
Whitehaven, as we've not been anywhere but my house for ages.

If anybody wants a lift from Carlisle, drop me an email (I'll be
watching throughout tomorrow) and I'm sure we can get it sorted.

Wrayal, I know you're travelling some distance, so if crash space at
Carlisle would help, you're more than welcome, again drop me an email.

Here are Trevor's directions, in case anyone missed/misplaced/deleted
them:

> To get to Whitehaven follow the A595 or A596 south
> Approching Whitehaven You will pass 'parton' and the road bends to the
> left around a large hill, once round the hill you will see a petrol
> station ahead Turn right just before reaching the station.  The road
> goes downhill straight into whitehaven, at the bottom on your right is a
> 'TESCO' which is as good a place to park as any. leaving the Tesco car
> park do not cross the road (stay on the right) walk toward the town
> center you will see a street leading toward the town center, the place
> you are looking for is the 'Learndirect' center it is on the right hand
> side and is easy to spot.

Hugs,

Jen