[cumbria_lug] Web sites to wget for off-line reading - suggestions?

Russ Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Mon Nov 21 23:32:41 GMT 2005

Hi,

This is an appeal for help. When I move to Tunstall on Saturday, I won't
have a proper Internet connection. But, my new bosses don't mind me
using the Internet access for personal use, as long as I don't take the
piss.

So, it occurred to me that I could wget some interesting web sites at
work, copy them to my flash drive and read them at home. But, I'm
struggling to think of interesting sites that would be suitable. A few
years ago, The Register would have been ideal, but as we discussed at
the last meeting, nowadays it's barely worth the bandwidth.

Ideally, the site should be regularly updated, and structured such that
it's easy to script wget to download it (or at least the interesting
bits). Again, The Register would be ideal, since all the new stories are
linked from the main page.

Any suggestions?

Russ