[cumbria_lug] Evolution/Palm sync problem

avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 24 17:35:18 GMT 2005

Urs,

>From memory, the issues that I've had with syncing a Palm on Linux were:

By default, gpilot synced with /dev/pilot. I changed that to /dev/ttyS0 (or
/dev/ttyS1)
Check the permissions on /dev/ttyS0 - you will need read & write permission

If you don't have a /dev/pilot, you may be able to get it to work with a
symlink pointing from there to /dev/ttyS0. The one time I tried this, I had
problems and ended up just setting it to use /dev/ttyS0.

The other thing that I found was that it wouldn't sync unless I'd had the
gpilot GUI running, either run from within Evolution or from Gnome's menu.
I imagine running the gpilot GUI starts a deamon, but I never investigated
very much.

Hope that helps.

Russ