[cumbria_lug] Cheap Linux Box

angie ahl angie at vertebrate.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 12:32:57 BST 2005

Hi Guys n Gals

Well the time has come for us to get a linux box at home. Ideally we
want one that can take wireless but hooking it up to our router with
good old ethernet's not really a problem.

A friend recommended an AMD Duron 1.6GHz/512MB RAM. I've got an AMD
server which is very well behaved.

Probably going to try running CentOS on it.

Can anyone recommend any good places to get one cheap (will need to get
a TFT monitor and keyboard etc too, as this is currently a Mac place).
There's a computer fair here in Penrith every so often I've always been
wary of them but anyone bought from such a place?

Linux at home... fun :)

Cheers

Angie